    but boot drive. No change. Tried a couple other drives with systems
    installed, but same result. Just for the heck of it, hooked up a
    friend's SATA drive and it booted fine. Suggestions?

    Bodine, Sep 25, 2008

  2. Bodine

    Horst Franke Guest

    Hi Bodine, then it looks like an invalid boot sequence.
    Go into BIOS and remove the SATA device as _first_ boot drive.

    What detailed failure was presented on the blue screen?

    I was also thinking on a different CPU between Your MB's.
    e.g. the change from Intel to AMD will require an other driver
    or vise versa. Then You should try a secured booting (not sure of
    correct translation) and change the required driver.
    But depends also on Your XP/Vista version (OEM linked to Your HW).
    Horst

    Horst Franke, Oct 2, 2008