K8NS Ultra: are sata ports locked to pci ? If yes, nvidia pair or sil3512 pair

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by JK, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. JK

    JK Guest

    Hi

    I am going to buy this board for doing some OC. Hopefully some 25%
    only, with a winchester 3500+.

    My question is for SATA ports: are they locked to pci (which is locked
    by chipset) or not.

    It has 2 nvidia sata ports and 2 sil3512 sata ports. Which pair is
    best (locked) ?

    I have the choice of going with IDE or SATA. Maybe I have to go with
    IDE, because then locking is fullfilled.

    If one uses Clockgen it is my feeling from what I have read at
    extreme-forum that there is a fault in clockgen, and one should set
    agp to 67 and fsb to 201 in bios, before using clockgen, in order to
    have correct locking of pci and agp.

    Any comments ?

    TIA

    John

    JK, Apr 28, 2005

  2. JK

    JK Guest

    From what I hear from elsewhere (forum) the sil3512 are locked, if one
    locks the pci bus, and further set agp to 67, - that will also lock
    the agp.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Apr 29, 2005