    substituted a known working speaker but I can't get any sounds (beeps) on
    boot up out of this board I have here. Anybody know if this is normal for
    the K8S-MX board?

    Venom, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Venom

    Paul Guest

    Would the board normally beep if there was no memory present ?
    Perhaps it is just missing the single POST beep code, but
    the error beep patterns still work ? Try pulling the memory
    and see if it beeps.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 18, 2005

  3. Venom

    Venom Guest

    I can`t believe I never thought of that. Yes, it beeps it`s fool head off
    with the ram out. On restart it did beep once and it said there was some
    overclocking error and to enter "setup" which I did and everything was ok so
    I turned it off. It started perfectly but no single beep still. Maybe a bios
    update will sort it out but at least I know the case speaker works ok.

    Venom, Sep 18, 2005