K8T Neo-FIS2R - 3200+ - Mushkin Level 1 RAM: Optimal Memory Settings

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Steve C, May 23, 2004.

  1. Steve C

    Steve C Guest

    Just got a K8T Neo-FIS2R with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with 1g (512MB X
    2) Mushkin Level 1 PC3500 RAM as recommended by Anandtech on his High
    End System roundup:
    http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.html?i=2041

    I am having a HUGE problems with memory setting in the BIOS.

    On AUTO, the memory is only autodected at DDR200, which I found odd.
    I them took memory setting in my old hands and things don't seem much
    better:

    I made:
    MEMCLOCK: DDR400
    BANK INTERVEAVING: AUTO
    BURST LENGTH: 8 BEAT
    CL: 2
    TRCD: 3
    TRAS: 5
    TRP: 2

    This was unstable at first and bumped the DDR Voltage to 2.7, moved
    the sticks to DIMM1 and DIMM3 (instead of DIMM2), and it seems stable,
    but not very fast. acoording to Sandra Scores

    Any recommendations for Memory Settings? Why would the MB not
    autodecte DDR400 RAM? I am not looking to overlock...just maximize
    the CPU and memory I have.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    Steve C, May 23, 2004

  2. This sounds like a bug in the BIOS that was resolved in version 1.5 or 1.6.
    Have you updated your BIOS lately? What BIOS version do you have, btw?

    Bye,
    Chris

    Christian Atteneder, May 23, 2004