    bios is set for auto, which is i think 3-3-3-8
    sent an email off to Crucial but heard nothing from them yet

    any advice?

    goatX, Feb 20, 2006

  2. This mainboard is unusually intolerant of less than perfect memory. I have
    seen all kinds of weird problems - onboard ethernet not recognized, sudden
    hibernation, video blackout, and a few more. I had initially built the
    system using standard Crucial memory, selecting it via Crucial's online
    configuration. Sometimes the system would boot up and run clean every day
    for a couple of weeks, other times it would refuse to post for a couple of
    hours. I tried all kinds of memory & other settings and diagnostics.
    Nothing helped very much. Today the machine has been perfect for six
    months. Why? Six months ago I splurged and bought two sticks of Crucial
    PC3500 Ballistix. I'm sure that top-of-the-line Corsair or whatever would
    work just as well. It seems that (at least some of) the 6702 boards like to
    run only on high octane ram.

    John McDonnell, Mar 18, 2006