    it look more like the MB? I'm sure the fan/thermal grease was
    installed correctly. Grateful for any ideas since I don't have another
    cpu to try and couldn't afford one now anyway. Thanks UJones

    Unzar Jones, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Unzar Jones

    bman08 Guest

    I had pretty much the same problem. It turned out to be the board. I
    think. I returned and replaced the board, and now it seems to be
    working, but I've been having lockup problems in games under windows 2000.

    bman08, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Unzar Jones

    klunk Guest

    Both you guys should check the MSI web forums:
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/
    Select the AMD64 based board group. There have
    been some memory issues that have workarounds
    that might help you.
    Make sure you connected the 4-pin CPU power cable
    to the MB -- seems quite a few people miss that.

    klunk, Jan 21, 2004