    except the chipset manuf. and not sure which to get. Any ideas? What are
    the pros/cons to each?
    kw

    Ken Williams, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Ken Williams

    JAY Guest

    Get the k8n neo platnum very good board switched from k8v wich was a via
    chipset and never looked back!

    JAY, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Just built one with the platinum & Athlon 64 3200+

    Sweet build, everything worked 1st time, WinXP installed with no
    problems. Best on-board sound I have ever built.

    Justice Gustine, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Ken Williams

    timc Guest

    I agree.

    MSI K8N Neo Platinum nForce3 250Gb (MS-7030)
    Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 754 (Clawhammer) w/factory HS
    Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL (2-2-2-5 latency)
    ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB Serial ATA
    Antec Sonata Quiet Mid Tower with True380 PSU
    WinXP Pro

    -Tim

    timc, Aug 12, 2004