    my memory working correctly in dual channel? And why will it not run at 400
    MHz in single channel? Thanks a million.

    Eddie

    Eddie E, May 20, 2005

  2. Eddie E

    Folk Guest

    Dual channel on this board = slots 1 and 2. It sounds like you're
    trying to match the colors to get dual channel, and although that's
    logical it's also wrong. ;-)

    The chart listed here:
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=607
    may help.

    Folk, May 20, 2005

  3. Eddie E

    Eddie E Guest

    Thanks for the reply Folk. The link you have is for the K8N. I have a K8T.
    The memory slots are set-up differently. In the K8T the matching colors are
    side by side and not alternating. See link
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=608
    I know when the memory is in Dual or single channel because it's indicated
    during boot-up. You use slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 on the K8T for dual channel and
    slots 1 & 2 for single channel.Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

    Eddie

    Eddie E, May 21, 2005
  4. Eddie E

    Gollum Guest

    Actually, you can only use slots 2 & 4 OR 1,2,3 & 4 for dual channel.
    Slots 1 & 3 are not supported for dual. And for some strange reason
    MSI only recommends slot 2 for single channel. Strange. That is
    probably why when you use 1&2 it only runs at 333. Do you have another
    brand of memory you could try? Sometimes it makes a difference. I have
    a KT6 Delta that had crashing problems with Mushkin Blue matched
    memory (2 x 512), but runs terriffic with Corsair Value Select (2 x
    512). The Mushkin runs great in a SOYO board. Go figure.

    HTH
    Gollum

    Gollum, May 21, 2005
  5. Eddie E

    Eddie E Guest

    Actually, you can only use slots 2 & 4 OR 1,2,3 & 4 for dual channel.
    Looking at the MSI website you are correct but that must be updated
    information. It clearly states in my user's guide that either slots 1 & 3 or
    2 & 4 can be used for dual channel. Besides I have tried both ways with the
    exact same results. It may be a memory issue. I don't have another matched
    pair to try out. I may just have to buy different memory and try that.
    Thanks Gollum.

    Eddie

    Eddie E, May 21, 2005
  6. Eddie E

    Folk Guest

    Damn. Sorry for the confusion.

    I guess I could blame MSI for coming up with such similar model names.
    :p

    Folk, May 24, 2005
  7. Eddie E

    Roy Coorne Guest

    The same with Asus... K8 denotes the CPU, N denotes Nforce (chip), T
    (or V) denotes VIA chip...

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, May 25, 2005
  8. Eddie E

    Michael Paul Guest

    Hi,

    What type of CPU do you run? With the brand new Venice and San Diego
    cores there is a problem with that board. It needs a BIOS update to get
    that fixed. Up to now, there is no official version that explicitly
    supports these CPUs, but some beta versions can already be found on the
    web.

    Michael

    Michael Paul, Jun 2, 2005
  9. Eddie E

    PK Guest

    I just flashed my K8T Neo2-F with this bios and dual channel is now
    working great with 3000+ Venice :) I suppose this is the beta that
    Michael is talking about.

    link to the bios:
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=608&kind=1

    On the other hand, I am having trouble with my Club 3D radeon 9800 Pro
    and the motherboard. Had the problem before the bios flash but it got
    worse after the flash. Running the card at 8X AGP causes lockups in
    games where the screen goes black and the sounds stop after a while.
    Fortunately the above mentioned bios enabled 4X AGP setting in bios
    instead of just greyed out "Automatic". At 4X the card seems to work
    fine but I am wondering whether there is something I could do to make 8X
    work with this mobo. Anyone have any idea?

    PK

    PK, Jun 21, 2005