    I need the IDE raid cause I have 4 HD's & a DVD burner, I also need 2
    com ports. This is one of the few boards that has 2 com ports & the
    SATA would be nice later on.

    Benthere, May 13, 2005

  2. Benthere

    f/fgeorge Guest

    You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
    fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
    I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.

    f/fgeorge, May 13, 2005

  3. Benthere

    Benthere Guest

    You MUST install the ALI Raid stuff from the cd for it to work. It IS
    fast but gave me troubles so I went back to normal IDE.
    I have 3 hard drives and 1 dvd writer.[/QUOTE]

    I'm wondering if I can just use a SATA drive (not as raid) to get my
    needed 4 HD's. 2 on ide 1 & dvd & hd on ide 2 & one hd on SATA?
    Would that work?

    Benthere, May 14, 2005
  4. Benthere

    f/fgeorge Guest