    Anyway, any good guides for this bios out there?

    thx
    Gordon

    Gordon Scott, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Gordon Scott

    Guitarcrazy Guest

    For starters, download the latest beta bios from Asus. Before you flash it,
    though, make sure you have good/stable memory. The original bios on these
    boards was (in my experience - I own this board) very bad with recognizing
    the correct memory settings. I had an older pc3200 (generic Samsung) 256 mb
    chip I could put back in (which turned out to be a very good thing), since
    it failed/corrupted the bios several times. If all else fails, pop the
    battery, clear the cmos. As far as the A64, they are good at recognition
    for this chip. I'll let some of the more experienced guys in here (& gals),
    fill you in on more of the detailed tech. info.

    DonM

    A64 3000+
    Asus K8v SE Deluxe
    Geil Pc3500 ULD 2x512kb
    Wd 100 gb sata
    BFC Nvidia 6800 OC

    Guitarcrazy, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Gordon Scott

    Gordon Scott Guest

    I did flash the bios already, but i cant tell either before or after
    where the version can be seen.

    I have 2 x 512 ocz platinum EL pc3200 2 3 2 5 dual channel.

    Gordon

    Gordon Scott, Dec 17, 2004
  4. Gordon Scott

    Guitarcrazy Guest

    Gordon,

    I wish I could tell you more detailed info., but I'm no expert myself. Just
    from my experience, this motherboard just doesn't have that many options to
    modify. Switching it to manual (under the Jumper Free section / Cpu speed),
    really only gives you the vcore & Mhz rating. As others have suggested, you
    can try to reduce the htt to 600, relax your memory settings, and increase
    the fsb. It hasn't worked for me on this board. YMMV.

    DonM

    Guitarcrazy, Dec 17, 2004
  5. Gordon Scott

    David Wells Guest

    If you have ASUS PC probe installed run it then go to information tag
    and click on DMI explorer it will tell you the version of bios. I
    have a K8V delux board but I am sure that would work for yours

    David Wells, Dec 18, 2004
  6. Gordon Scott

    Gordon Scott Guest

    never thought of that.