    such a speed that the board would shut down due to low fan rpm.

    How do I disable the fan speed control on this board , please ?

    B.N.

    admiral_victory, Nov 1, 2004

  2. admiral_victory

    Paul Guest

    Hardware monitor, "Q-fan Control" [Disable] ?

    That will prevent the voltage to the fan from being changed by
    the motherboard.

    But the monitoring of fan speed will continue. If the fan speed
    is too low, you will enter the BIOS during each boot cycle, with
    the message "Hardware Monitor found an error..."
    If that is the case, enter the "CPU Fan Speed" item, and change
    it to [Disable] if you can. The manual doesn't mention it on
    that board, so I cannot be sure whether that is possible or not.
    You can disable fan speed detection on some boards.

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Thanks - I'll keep that in mind.

    B.N.