    settings, as well as the audio app that is installed whn you install the
    drivers for the mobo.

    Nothing works

    ZigZag Master, Aug 6, 2004

  2. I believe with that board you have to change the speaker setup through
    the SoundMAX Control Panel. Double click on the blue/white triangle in
    the system tray or run the SoundMAX Control Panel from
    start/programs/SoundMAX.

    Justan Oldfart, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Hey Mr. Oldfart, (like it)

    Tried that with no success.

    ZigZag Master, Aug 6, 2004
  4. ZigZag Master

    Paul Guest

    There has to be something wrong with the drivers for that board.

    A post by Wolfram above, reports the same problem. He gets some
    kind of sound, but not proper sound from the rear speakers.

    The thing is, drivers have to be designed for the chipset.

    I've tried tracing what might be the latest driver that works
    with the 8237. There are a number of ADI/8237 combo boards
    that use Soundmax. So far, the SK8V seems to have the latest
    driver, and perhaps uninstalling your current driver, and
    installing 1985WDM_3713.zip will work. It seems to have some
    of the same entries in the .inf, and that is what I'm
    basing my guess on. (I cannot verify it any closer, as the
    old PCI vendor/device registry is gone from the web.)

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=SK8V&Type=All

    With a driver problem, you don't have too many places to turn.
    Unless another manufacturer is using the 8237 and a Soundmax chip
    from Analog Devices, there might not be another source of these
    drivers. ADI doesn't offer direct downloads themselves.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 7, 2004
  5. The sound works fine on the K8V SE Deluxe I just set up.

    Look in the manual on page 2-30 and check the jumpers on the FP_AUDIO
    header.
    These jumpers weren't on my board. I didn't actually try my setup with
    out the jumpers because I hooked up front panel connectors that
    replace the jumpers.
    I never would have noticed the missing jumpers if I didn't connect
    panel connectors.

    James

    James Williams, Aug 8, 2004