    all...although, I could make out from the french manual that the board
    supports 98SE.

    TIA

    NG User, Dec 21, 2005

  2. NG User

    Dale Brisket Guest

    You probably don't want to hear this, but why build a new rig (especially
    for overclocking) and then hobble it with an out of date, crappy OS? Any
    reason you can't move up to XP or even linux?

    Dale Brisket, Dec 21, 2005

  3. NG User

    NG User Guest

    You probably don't want to hear this, but why build a new rig (especially
    I had a feeling someone was going to mention that. Personally, I'm not sure
    what people have against Win98SE....it does everything I need it to do.

    I actually have another system which I use for video editing....it's running
    an AMD 2500+ Barton Mobile @ 2.4Ghz. Also running Win98SE on it.

    I have no complaints about Win98SE and see no reason to change as of yet.

    NG User, Dec 22, 2005
  4. NG User

    Dale Brisket Guest

    It's not so much that I (or others) have anything against it; it's just that
    technologically Win 98 is waaaaaay behind Win2k or XP. Memory and disk
    usage, security, driver and hardware support, the reasons go on and on. It
    just seems a mismatch between your new hardware and OS.

    Dale Brisket, Dec 22, 2005
  5. NG User

    NG User Guest

    You may feel that you need all of these new features, but I personally have
    yet to come across any software or hardware that I need which does not
    support Windows98SE. As for security, Microsoft is still releasing critical
    updates for SE...also, I have a router with a hardware firewall, a software
    firewall, up to date virus checker as well as recommended network and
    registry settings to make SE a fairly secure OS.

    I think I'll keep using SE until XP64 is pretty much standard.

    NG User, Dec 22, 2005
  6. NG User

    * * Chas Guest

    * * Chas, Feb 12, 2006