    Was hoping that someone here might have some suggestions? I
    desperately want to get Cool n Quiet working !

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Mark Redmond, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Mark Redmond

    Steve Birch Guest

    <snip>

    How frustrating. I find C&Q very effective.
    Have you got "ACPI 2.0 support" enabled in the BIOS as well ?
    I'm not certain, but this just might affect it.
    If not, I'd try enabling ACPI 2 support (without C&Q) first, allowing
    windows to boot and sort it's drivers out, then reboot again and enable C&Q.
    Good luck,
    - Steve

    Steve Birch, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Thanks for your reply.

    Yes, I should have mentioned that ACPI 2.0 support is already enabled,
    and also I have set the Power Management level in Windows to Minimal
    (as suggested in the K8VSE manual).

    It's really frustrating! Part of the reason I chose to buy AMD was
    because of Cool n Quiet. Maybe I should try a fresh installation of
    Windows?

    Michael Finch, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Mark Redmond

    Mark Redmond Guest

    Sorry for any confusion with my "from" name changing above....was
    using another users profile.

    Mark

    Mark Redmond, Jul 26, 2004