    running of the primary port.

    Device Manager says device not connected.

    Is the a board problem or a Sidewinder problem?

    nutthatch, Jun 21, 2004

  2. nutthatch

    Lex Guest

    (nutthatch) wrote in
    Is anything else recognised in your usb ports ?

    Lex, Jun 21, 2004

  3. nutthatch

    nutthatch Guest

    Yes all my old 1.1 devices including the hub and also a new 2.0
    scanner and 2.0 wireless MS mouse, the stick is the old thing not
    being recognised

    nutthatch, Jun 21, 2004
  4. nutthatch

    nutthatch Guest

    Further - the stick has been tested on another USB 2.0 systems and works OK

    nutthatch, Jun 25, 2004
  5. nutthatch

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    Are you:
    1) Plugging in the Sidewider directly to a USB port on the
    motherboard or onto the hub?

    2) All the other USB devices connected at the same time???

    Also, is the hub "self-power" (ie: has its own power adapter) or "USB
    powered?"

    You could have a power problem where the USB ports are not provided with
    enough power for all your USB devices to be connected at the same time. By
    using a "self-powered" USB hub, you give the hub USB ports more power for
    the devices.

    OK

    Yves Leclerc, Jun 25, 2004
  6. nutthatch

    nutthatch Guest

    Thanks everyone for your help.

    It has however, now decided to work!!!!!

    Now who invented these computer thingies.......

    One things for sure I'm not about to unplug it, just to find out if it
    will recognise that it is no longer there

    Richard

    nutthatch, Jun 26, 2004