    Does this imply a faulty graphics card, or a faulty motherboard?

    Thanks,

    Alun Harford

    alunharford, Sep 23, 2006

  2. alunharford

    Bruce Burden Guest

    wrote:
    :
    : Does this imply a faulty graphics card, or a faulty motherboard?
    :
    Neither, in my experience, although I did not have a
    POST card (whatever that is?)

    My no beeps/no POST experience was due to the memory. I
    had Infineon 512MB PC3200's, and the board was silent. I went
    through a board RMA, a PS RMA, three video cards and finally,
    I bought a working, populated, MSI board on ebay. Using the
    MSI board, I was able to verify that everything worked on the
    MSI board, but the memory was a no-go on the Tyan board.

    I finally purchased from Samsung memory from the Tyan
    "approved memory list", and all was well (well, except for
    my temper, and bank account...)

    Bruce

    Bruce Burden, Sep 24, 2006

  3. alunharford

    Pavlinux Guest

    Hardware reset?
    Button on motherboard, somewhere, about a chipset.

    Pavlinux, Sep 24, 2006