    proeblem with the system board of the cpu.

    If anyone has any info on this problem it would be a great help.

    thanks

    mikepeddle, Feb 21, 2007

  2. mikepeddle

    Grunion Guest

    Power supply?

    Grun

    Grunion, Feb 21, 2007

  3. mikepeddle

    peddle.mike Guest

    Already tried power supply, sorry should have mentioned that in my
    eairler post. I aslo tried adjusting the speed of the memory in the
    bios. that didn't work either

    peddle.mike, Feb 21, 2007
  4. mikepeddle

    lkboop Guest

    The first thing you need to do is try to determine if you have a
    software/driver conflict or an actual hardware failure. Since you say
    that you have changed the power supply or something along those lines; I
    would run memtest overnight with the default settings and see if errors
    occur. If you get ANY errors with memtest you have a memory problem of
    some type. Since you have 2GB of memory try removing one stick and see
    what happens, I think that your MB supports one memory stick. If the
    memory seems OK. I would open the control panel and go Administration
    tools and look at the event log and this will usually point you in the
    right direction. I assume that you have the latest drivers for video
    card and other system drivers. The event log is not cut and dry but it
    should point you in the right general direction. If you can not find a
    hardware problem I would strongly suspect some type of conflict between
    video driver and some other software because the video driver runs all
    the time.

    Good Luck

    Logan

    lkboop, Feb 23, 2007