    that will more accurately read temps? Or, do I have to buy a fan control
    setup with display (Thermaltake, etc)?

    Thanks!

    Johnny Canuck, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Johnny Canuck

    jpsga Guest

    I don't think the 35° C is right either. I wouldn't trust any of freebee
    monitors on a new 64 bit board.

    The only reliable temp is thc CPU temp found in the BIOS.

    JPS

    jpsga, Jan 14, 2005

  3. Thanks JPS ... the 35C is the BIOS temp, that's why I trust it. Any idea
    on the best way to pick up the other ones?

    Johnny Canuck, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Johnny Canuck

    jpsga Guest

    Took a look around the web and found that Gigabyte didn't leave you much to
    work with to accomplish what you want to do. Since I did not see EasyTune5
    as part of the sofeware package I wonder if the board has a chip called
    ITE8705F. If it is there, MBM should be able to read the CPU temp. diode
    and the chips own temp- AKA system temp.
    JPS.

    jpsga, Jan 14, 2005
  5. No, it came with EasyTune4 but I upgraded to ET5 and it only lists CPU
    temp (at 37C) ... but it was MBM5 that was giving me the wacky 105C
    reading so I'm giving up on that approach.

    I bought a fan controller (Cooler Master Cooldrive 4) and I'll install
    that instead. Any suggestions on where to put the "case" temp sensor?

    Thanks again!

    Johnny Canuck, Jan 15, 2005
  6. Johnny Canuck

    jpsga Guest

    Easy Tune4 lists both.
    JPS

    jpsga, Jan 15, 2005
  7. :

    Neither ET4 or 5 list a second temp for this particular motherboard, just
    the CPU. MBM5 and SpeedFan list the wacky 100C+ temp that is obviously not
    accurate.

    I have put the fan controller and my temps seem right on. My CPU is
    running at about 37C ... do you know what temp I need to worry at?

    Thanks

    Johnny Canuck, Jan 16, 2005