    May I have your opinion?

    Krik

    PS. I apologize for my English.

    Krik, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Krik

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yours is a good question. Slot 1 Pentium III processors were made in at least
    three different variations: 100 or 133MHz front-side bus, 2.05v or 1.65v
    operating voltage. The specifications are stamped on the processor housing.

    You are safe running the 2.05v 100MHz variation. You need to check the
    specifications on the voltage regulator to determine if it will support a 1.65v
    processor. If the voltage regulator is socketed and removable, you can
    substitute one which supports the lower processor voltage.... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 15, 2004

  3. Yes, it's possible. I've done that with an XA-s myself...
    Maybe, without knowing what VRMs You have it's hard to say. But for the
    PIII-600 with 2V and below You need a VRM that confirms to VRM8.4 standard
    (should be printed somewhere on the VRM)...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Aug 15, 2004