KD7 "CPU is unworkable or has been changed"

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Arthur Buse, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Arthur Buse

    Arthur Buse Guest

    When my PC boots, it gives the following error message
    "CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please re-check"
    "F1 to continue of DEL to enter setup"

    If I press F1 the system boots normally but with default bios
    settings.

    If I enter the correct settings the computer hangs. The fans and
    drives work but the screen stays blank.

    Would a dead bios battery give these symptoms?

    email address is fake. Sorry if this appears twice.

    System:

    Mboard Abit KD7 Raid
    CPU Athlon XP 2800
    Bios ver DN