    Also...OK to use Windex on my CRT screen? Is there a safer way?

    Thanks

    Mike....Picture Rocks, AZ

    axipolti, May 14, 2005

  2. axipolti

    Notan Guest

    You might try an automotive "blackener," used to blacken rubber
    bumpers, etc.

    As far as a CRT goes, any mild glass cleaner should be fine...

    Notan

    Notan, May 14, 2005

  3. axipolti

    Jerry Park Guest

    Products with ammonia and alcohol are generally warned against.

    I wash my screen with mild diswashing detergent and water. Dampen a soft
    cotton cloth with solution, wipe, rinse with clean water and cloth, dry.

    Works great.

    Can then use the wet and dry cloths to clean the case.

    Jerry Park, May 14, 2005
  4. axipolti

    mydigcam Guest

    Simple Green and Orange Blast both work awesome cleaning all types of
    plastic. Been using both for years without a single negative incident.

    After you clean the cabinet, as another poster mentioned use a rubber/vinyl
    conditioning product like Armor-All to keep the color rich and glossy. You
    can also use an oil based product like WD-40 to wipe it down if you can live
    with the short term petroleum smell.

    Windex won't hurt most CRT screens. A better alternative is to use a good
    eyeglass cleaning solution and a clean 100% cotton cloth. Spray the solution
    lightly on the cloth and wipe lightly on the CRT. Don't use too much cleaner
    or else it will streak and you'll be rubbing forever to remove them.

    mydigcam, May 16, 2005