    works, but it's very hard to get streaks out. I do let the screen cool
    down before using water.

    Shannon

    Shannon, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Shannon

    Notan Guest

    This subject has been discussed, and discussed, and discussed...

    Other than plain water, the safest product is one of the commercial
    LCD cleaners, along with a cloth made for LCD cleaning.

    Whatever you do, DON'T USE WINDEX WITH AMMONIA!

    For more opinions, search this newsgroup, along with the laptop related
    newsgroups.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Shannon

    larry Guest

    Shannon,

    I use a piece of damped tissue paper and wipe the screen with the damp
    part then dry the screen with the dry part. That seems to work for
    me.

    Larry

    larry, Sep 20, 2005
  4. Shannon

    Notan Guest

    "Tissue paper?"

    Possibly, depending on the brand/grade, a great way to scratch the screen.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 20, 2005
  5. Shannon

    S.Lewis Guest

    Water, no detergents, used with this cloth:

    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do...mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping Comp-_-Datafeed-_-Full

    They're available at Wal-Mart, KMart and locals.

    I use them on LCDs, my eyeglasses, and even on my (plastic-coated) Trinitron
    19" flat screen CRT. These cloths are durable, wash and dry perfectly well.

    3M truly makes some amazing products. This is one of them.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 20, 2005
  6. Shannon

    Shannon Guest