    any ideas?

    thanks,
    max

    max slomoff, Jun 2, 2004

  2. max slomoff

    Bob Day Guest

    A normal room air conditioner will work fine in a sealed
    enclosure -- that's what they're designed to do. Make
    sure it can drip water to the outside.

    -- Bob Day

    Bob Day, Jun 2, 2004

  3. max slomoff

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Hi Max, Air condtioners don't produce moisture. They remove moisture
    from the air in the room and if the unit is a Window unit like the
    older ones I am familiar with they dump the condensed moisture outside
    the room. Jim

    Jim Phelps, Jun 2, 2004
  4. max slomoff

    Denis MICHEL Guest

    If weigth doesn't matter, you could use a PC watercooler ...
    If the run time is limited, you could use ice-packs or dry ice.

    Next time, go in a SNOW desert, not a sand one ;)

    Denis MICHEL, Jun 2, 2004
  5. max slomoff

    Aaron Guest

    Well, the air conditioner is a good idea. The problem will come when
    the components are put back in hot air. If there is any humidity in
    the air, moisture will condense on the components. If you always ran
    the A/C, you would be OK. My guess is that in a desert there is not
    enough moisture in the air to cause harmful condensation.

    Air conditioners can not be run in an enclosed area, because all they
    do it move heat. So, you have to have a system that you are cooling,
    and an area that the hot air will exhaust to.

    Aaron

    Aaron, Jun 3, 2004
  6. desert...Picture Rocks, AZ, just outside the Saguaro National Park.
    What you need is an air purifier....I hear them advertized on the
    radio, 790 in Tucson and 550 in Phoenix. Mike

    Michael P Gabriel, Jun 3, 2004