    gefunden sowie den Realtek Soundkartentreiber, im Moment habe ich ein USB
    Controller Problem(Ausrufezeichen) wenn mir jemand weiterhelfen könnte wäre
    ich dankbar?

    Harald Nitrobit, Feb 26, 2008

  2. Harald Nitrobit

    Paul Guest

    Manual (8,340,069 bytes)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20060519045020/www-old.epox.nl/manuals/mu-8k5a2&+&N10.pdf

    BIOS (from 2003/09/16)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20070102124553rn_1/www-old.epox.nl/BIOS/K5A23916.zip

    (Note - this file, as well as some others that were archived, is damaged. It would
    appear that perhaps the last byte or two, is missing. In the case of the K5A23916.zip
    file, when I use PKZIP, it offers to "fix" the file, and the fix seems to work. When
    the file is unzipped, the K5A23916.BIN file is 262,144 bytes, an exact power of two.
    There is still some risk in using this file, including the fact that I cannot find
    a flashing program for it. The BIOS is an Award BIOS, so would need a flasher for
    that kind of BIOS. Verify the BIOS chip on the motherboard is 256KB, before flashing it.)

    Release note for BIOS
    http://web.archive.org/web/20041212054328/www.epox.nl/english/support/bios/notes/8k5a2.htm

    "Model: EP-8K5A2 / EP-8K5A2N
    BIOS: K5A23916.BIN (5900)
    BIOS Date: 2003/09/16
    Fix:
    1) Detect AppleBred CPU correctly during post"

    Page leading to the above...
    http://web.archive.org/web/20041205085043/http://www.epox.nl/english/support/bios/socketa.htm

    There is a copy of AWDFLASH on this page. You would need to do the usual, prepare
    a DOS boot disk, put AWDFLASH.exe and the K5A23916.BIN on the floppy. Make a backup
    copy of the original BIOS onto the floppy as well. The BIOS is small, at 256KB, so
    the floppy should have room for everything.

    http://web.archive.org/web/20041211015604/www.epox.nl/english/support/bios.php

    (The download is here. 23,792 bytes and the file is undamaged according to PKZIP.)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20041211015604/http://www.epox.nl/BIOS/AWDFLASH_V8.33.zip

    Google also makes a reference to magic-flash-beta, but I don't know where to look
    for that. Apparently, that is a flasher that operates from Windows. But I
    wouldn't take the risk, to use such a feature. The AWDFLASH should be safer.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox/msg/e5235c4c9303b70f?dmode=source

    If you don't wish to take the risk, of flashing the BIOS, you can also send the
    K5A23916.BIN to badflash.com, and have them send you a new BIOS chip. They would
    need to know the chip type, of the existing BIOS chip in the socket on the
    motherboard, to prepare a new chip for you. Using that method, you get a
    BIOS flash update for about $25, with no risk to the motherboard.

    Have fun,
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 26, 2008

  3. Danke für die Hilfe !!