1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Key Cap Came Off... How to Put Back On?

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by M C Hamster, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. M C Hamster

    M C Hamster Guest

    One of the caps to one of the keyboard keys came off. There's a small
    mechanism underneath, that slides and pops up, but I can't figure out how to
    get it to get the cap back on.

    I can't find any knowledge base documents about this simple operation... I'm
    not sure what these key caps are called, and my searches are turning up

    This is a T40 Thinkpad, only about a year old.

    M C Hamster, Jul 25, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. There might be something in the Hardware Maintenance Manual, and can be
    downloaded from IBM. That said - I've done this before - and it's easier
    doing than explaining.

    The keys sort of just clip into place - and as long as the mechanism isn't
    broken - I have popped them back on several times for clients at work. I
    really just line it up, gently snapping one side in, and then gently pushing
    down the key and the other side will click back into place.

    I'd recommend checking the hardware maintenance manual though - I may have
    just been lucky so far.

    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-46464 is
    the link to the manual.
    ClevelandTech, Jul 25, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.