Keyboard is locked out on bootup

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by .:mike:., Jun 18, 2005.

  1. .:mike:.

    .:mike:. Guest

    An odd thing has started to happen recently with my PC.

    On booting up, just before Windows (XP Pro) starts to load up, I get the
    error message:

    "KEYBOARD IS LOCKED OUT - UNLOCK THE KEY"

    The computer then waits for me to press the F1 key to continue loading
    Windows, and once Windows is loaded everything is fine. I know the keyboard
    itself isn't faulty as I have tried two other keyboards and the same error
    appears. I have tried switching from USB to PS2 and again the same error
    appears.

    I have tried updating the BIOS on my motherboard (ASUS P4S533 Bios Ver 1011)
    and that has not fixed the problem.

    I'd appreciate some help here as although it isn't a showstopper, it is
    annoying.

    Mike.

    .:mike:., Jun 18, 2005

  2. solution:
    steps:
    system booting to enter "setup"
    "load default setting " in cmos and "load optimized value" to set solve
    your problem
    other wise
    the keyboard connector isnot properly sited in the motherboard.
    my E-mail:

    nagamanisubbiah, Jun 19, 2005