    of these laptops rolled in the field and we are trying to get a fix
    (add-on) than reloading all of these as we are working on a deadline.
    How big a role does the different XP keys has on the software ?

    dreyerj, Oct 20, 2006

  2. dreyerj

    Chris H. Guest

    With 150 units reacting the same way, I would strongly suggest you contact
    your Microsoft Volume Licensing representative for assistance on the issue.
    There seems to be an issue with the image you're attempting to load.

    Chris H., Oct 20, 2006

  3. Yeah you'll probably wanna contact support but I just wanted to mention that
    the keyboard you see at the login screen (or secure desktop) is not the same
    as the input panel that you're supposed to get when logged in. The former is
    implemented by loginkey.dll and the latter is tabtip.exe. Two totally
    different animals. So the fact that one is displaying and one is not will
    probably not be relevant.

    Josh Einstein, Oct 20, 2006
  4. dreyerj

    Tom Ker Guest

    I think you'll need an XP Pro Tablet PC Edition volume license key. I tried
    the same thing you did (installing our standard XP image then adding all the
    Tablet stuff) with an eval unit and never could get it to work.

    Tom Ker, Oct 20, 2006
  5. dreyerj

    dreyerj Guest

    The problem is that we have loaded these images to various branches and
    we are trying to get a fix to add the extras instead of redoing all the
    laptops. We have loaded a laptop with the Tablet volume license key and
    this works. We have also tried to updated the key on the normal XP pro
    to change it to a Tablet edition but alos nothing happens.
    Is there any other ideas that we can try?

    dreyerj, Oct 23, 2006
  6. dreyerj

    Chris H. Guest

    Again, I would suggest you contact your Microsoft Volume Licensing
    representative for assistance on the issue. There seems to be an issue with
    the image you're attempting to load and it may be a simple solution they'll
    know about.

    Chris H., Oct 23, 2006
  7. dreyerj

    dreyerj Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for all the suggestions, we did a normal upgrdae from XP to
    Tablet and it worked.

    dreyerj, Oct 24, 2006