    Also I wonder how many people use "Home" page? Mine is set to Google
    but when I need Google I still click the Google I created on the
    Safari link bar.

    Summercool, Oct 16, 2007

  2. Summercool

    dorayme Guest

    In the Finder are to be seen things like "directory windows". the
    home and end buttons work to do this without needing Command on
    my machine.
    Same comments about Safari and these buttons except that here,
    the Command does, usefully, do something different and as you say.

    So?

    dorayme, Oct 16, 2007

  3. Summercool

    Summercool Guest

    the reason is this: in Windows, if we are type an email or posting to
    newsgroup, to go to the end or the top of textbox, you need to press
    CTRL Home or CTRL End... so I get the habit of just using CTRL Home
    and End no matter what, since it always work.

    However, if I type an email or posting on Safari on Mac, sometimes I
    press CTRL Home to go to top of the textbox to edit my words, and
    viola, Safari go to my Homepage and everything I typed in could be all
    gone.

    Summercool, Oct 17, 2007
  4. Summercool

    JCrowe Guest

    One has to wonder why you would be using Safari as an email
    client or as a newsgroup reader. That's like using a screwdriver
    as a spoon....it might work but it would be pretty frustrating.

    JCrowe, Oct 17, 2007
  5. If you're using a web-based email provider, you need a web browser to
    access it. The person you responded to has a gmail address, so there is
    a very good possibility that he's accessing his email on the web, and is
    using google groups to access usenet.

    Michelle Steiner, Oct 17, 2007
  6. Summercool

    JCrowe Guest

    I'd say the analogy still fits....web based email and google groups
    access has inherent limitations.

    JCrowe, Oct 17, 2007