  1. Ganesh

    Ganesh Guest

    My Asus EEE 701 keys are getting suck, how to solve the issue?

    Ganesh, Jul 30, 2010

  2. Ganesh

    BillW50 Guest

    If it were me, I just would replace the keyboard. There are three tabs
    right above the ~, F6, and the Pause Break keys. And this will release
    this side of the keyboard. And then all you have to do is to disconnect
    the keyboard connector and it just lifts out. I see many of the on eBay
    for $9.99.

    BillW50, Jul 30, 2010

  3. Hi there,

    I've followed your instructions to replace my asus keyboard but hav
    trouble with the connector part. I can't figure out how to remove th
    connector from the computer. Also, my new board doesn't have th
    plastic connector on it, just the flat ribbon cable. How do I attac
    the bare ribbon cable to the plastic connector?

    I appreciate any help you can give me!

    thanks,
    kell

    kellysuemcclurg, Oct 25, 2012
  4. Well, I've never looked inside an Asus like that but I'll bet
    you have what's called a ZIF connector. Look carefully at the top and
    sides of the motherboard connector. You'll see a little door or flap
    on the top OR two little knobs on the sides. VERY VERY CAREFULLY with
    a NOT-SHARP PLASTIC tool or your fingernails (if you're a girl, lol, never
    saw a guy with ones that were sharp enough ;-) lift that little door or push
    the little knobs out (pop them out a bit). They're very delicate and don't
    move much so be careful. Now slide the cable into the slot moving the latches
    revealed and push the door down or the latches back.

    the wharf rat, Oct 27, 2012