Keytar and Rhythmania cannot find a MIDI Out Device on my computer

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by jayant, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. jayant

    jayant Guest

    The SB Live Sound card installed on my Pentium 4 PC does all the
    functions of playing files in wav, midi and mp3 format. It plays midi
    files with Cakewalk Audio Pro> But when I try to open the two
    applications Keytar and Rhythmania which came along with the Card, I
    get an error message in both applications saying No MIDI Out Device
    was found. In fact, in cakewalk Audio, I see 6 Devices listed for MIDI
    Out: 2 of SB Live Synthesizer, one SB Live Soft Synthesizer Microsoft
    MIDI Mapper and SB Live MIDI UART. I am even able to pipe MIDI Out to
    my External Keyboard Synthesizer quite successfully.
    The question therefore is how do I make Keytar and Rhythmania see one
    of these Devices for MIDI Out. There is no Dialog for selecting an Out
    Device the way Cakewalk provides.

    I notice an update driver SB Live! 5.12.01.0244 on the Creative
    website but it appears to be several hundred MB and at the slow
    Internet connection I have< GetRight says will take some 34 hours to
    download. How do I solve the problem? Can I buy this huge Update
    driver on a CD?

    P. Jayant

    jayant, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Which OS is this?