KG7-Raid : XP1800 : Confused about CPU speed

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Mark Ryan, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Mark Ryan

    Mark Ryan Guest

    Ok, I am not the best mathematical genius in the world but even I can
    calculate that what the board is reporting is not where near what I should
    expect from the following settings.

    CPU XP1800+, 13 x 150fsb = 1950mhz, yes?

    Not according to my machine!.

    13 x 150fsb = 1872mhz apparently.

    I've not upped / altered anything from the base settings in the BIOS other
    than the FSB, should say the I/O Core volt change? be upped? should the ram
    voltage be raised?

    Pointers appreciated.

    --

    Regards,

    Mark

    {Remove 'nospam' from address to reply}

    Mark Ryan, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Mark Ryan

    TomG Guest

    XP 1800+ has a multiplier of 12.5 if I am not mistaken.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Mark Ryan

    Mark Ryan Guest

    Tom,

    That would make sense on my peliminary results.

    FSB testing gives....
    x13 FSB 150 = 1872 (if x12.5 then FSB = 149.76)
    x13 FSB 151 = 1885 (if x12.5 then FSB = 150.80)
    x13 FSB 152 = 1900 (if x12.5 then FSB = 152.00)

    I've got a nice copper cooler coming tomorrow, so will attempt the unlock
    previously asked about, just hope the results are workable.

    I have another question, in the BIOS there's a (4:4:1) option against
    CPU:FSB:pCI, what exactly does this do?

    Mark Ryan, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Nah Tom, 1800+ spec is 11.5x133.3 for 1533MHz...

    You're actually getting 12.5x150 for 1875MHz by the looks of it - I assume
    it's a Tbred B so you didn't need to unlock it..?

    KG7 is old enough that you'll probably have to cut L3 bridges to get
    multipliers above 12.5 - have a look at Wes Newell's website, he goes into a
    lot of detail for the Tbreds' bridges.

    BTW: If it is a Tbred B 1800+ then it will likely do a lot more than
    1950MHz with a little extra core Voltage...

    Ciao...

    [UK]_Nick...

    Nick M V Salmon, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Mark Ryan

    Wes Newell Guest

    The default mulitplier is 11.5.
    I don't think you can set a 13 multiplier, so it's probably set to 12.5.
    That would come out about right.
    Well, 11.5x150=1725. That's what you should be running with a default
    multipler, so you've changed the multiplier somehow.

    Wes Newell, Jul 26, 2003
  6. Mark Ryan

    TomG Guest

    thanks for the correction...

    TomG, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Mark Ryan

    Mark Ryan Guest

    Nick,

    Yep already had loads of help from Wes in fixing a mates bodged CPU unlock.

    Re:

    Mark

    Mark Ryan, Jul 27, 2003
  8. Mark Ryan

    Mark Ryan Guest

    Nick,

    Yep B core, and upped the core voltage to 1.75 now stable at 1,885ghz, going
    to look to unlock the unit, would like to get 2Ghz out of her. I still have
    the Silver Conductive paint from mates previous attempt so if I go wrong I
    believe I'll be no worse off than present.

    The new cooler is doing nice job, 44 Deg C with seti running full pelt in
    the background, completing a set in 3hrs and 44mins, this is down from
    14hrs 45mins! Also found out that I can, and have, over clocked my graphics
    card, the temperature in the case has risen by 5deg C in total, however have
    some case fans on order.

    One further question of advice here, if I do the CPU unlock, and don't
    complete the track cuts correctly, L3-3 and L3-5, what sort of speed results
    would I get? Example say the x10 should gice me

    Re:

    Thanks all.

    Mark Ryan, Jul 27, 2003
  9. Mark Ryan

    Mark Ryan Guest

  10. Mark Ryan

    TomG Guest

    please don't post attachments to this group. Post a link or ask someone to
    put the picture up on a site for you or something like that.

    TomG, Jul 28, 2003
  11. Mark Ryan

    0_Qed Guest

    0_Qed, Jul 28, 2003
  12. Mark Ryan

    Wes Newell Guest

    Inline picture deleted by news reader. Showing X13 multiplier.

    I didn't mean it wouldn't show in the bios. I meant it's not really 13x.
    The KT7 also has one that showed 13>above, but it only works with certain
    cpu's. Once i replaced the old tbird with the 2100+, it disappeared from
    the bios settings and then the highest shown was 12above.. When my
    KT7-Raid board shows 10.5 as the multiplier, it's actually 24x with the
    2100+ plugged into it, and 12above is really 20x. I assume that your x13
    equates to 12.5 with the cpu you have in it. And the math (clock/fsb)
    proves that out.

    Wes Newell, Jul 28, 2003
  13. Mark Ryan

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Imagine this: A ceiling fan with mirrored blades. Ahhhhhh!!!!

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 28, 2003
  14. Mark Ryan

    Mark Ryan Guest

    Wes,

    Thanks, understand now.

    Re:

    Mark

    Mark Ryan, Jul 28, 2003
  15. Mark Ryan

    0_Qed Guest

    Geezus!!!

    Absolutly CAPITAL !!!

    Whao!

    My compliments ... a '12' on a scale of 1 to 10.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jul 28, 2003
  16. Mark Ryan

    Jerry Polyak Guest