    technical assistance.

    Thanks

    Tom

    Tom Wells, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Tom Wells

    Bob Troll Guest

    When I read the error message I caught the line about the possible lead to
    system instability. I'd update the thing to the 9M bios, which proved to me
    to be a very stable bios without any tweaking as the others always seem to
    take for my system.

    Regards, Bob Troll

    Bob Troll, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Tom Wells

    TomG Guest

    does anything else happen with the error message? some systems declare that
    error and don't exhibit any problems or issues...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Aug 19, 2003
  4. Tom Wells

    Tom Wells Guest

    I haven't noticed anything, except for maybe that my second hard drive
    never spins down. It used to under Win98se. I would like it to. I only
    use it once a day to take backups.

    BTW got a best recommended BIOS for the KG7 running a 1ghz athlon?

    Tom

    Tom Wells, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Tom Wells

    TomG Guest

    I no longer have my KG7R so I would just say to go to the newest bios but
    you may want to check the archives at Google by searching on a good search
    string with this NG as the focus in Google.

    with regard to the drive not spinning down, that is because Windows sees the
    controller as a SCSI controller and does not attempt to exert power
    management on the devices on that controller.

    TomG, Aug 20, 2003