Kids Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tom, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi,

    Being a Software person, can anybody guide me of hte hardware
    requirements for a small kids laptop (the ones commonly avaialbe for
    ages 3-8 used for basic learning)?

    I am thinking of starting a small home project for my son but only
    know a few things like:
    -reasonable sized colour LCD display
    -small keyboard
    -battery

    but would like help with:
    -which processor to use - 8/16/32 bit?
    -how much ROM/RAM required ot I can use Flash?
    and anything else that is involved?

    All the help/pointers will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Tom, Dec 2, 2003