Killzone PS3 bullshit

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Radeon, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. Radeon

    Radeon Guest

    If the real PlayStation3 had to reproduce the E3 2005 Killzone CG in
    realtime, with the same graphical fidelity, it would run at 5 frames
    per second or less.

    the only way PlayStation3 is going to "do Killzone in realtime" at 60
    fps in a real game is by significantly reducing the complexity and
    fidelity of the graphics.

    *geometry
    *lighting
    *textures
    *anti-aliasing
    *and other things

    will *all* be cut back very significantly and very noticably. mark my
    words.

    a system that *IS* capable of reproducing Killzone CG in realtime
    gameplay would need:
    -Tens of Gigapixels per second fillrate
    -a few billion polygons per second geometry performance
    -16x or greater FSAA anti-aliasing capability
    -several GigaBytes of RAM
    -several hundred GB per second of memory bandwidth

    all of which the PS3 does not have. neither Cell nor RSX (nor
    both combined) has the kind of power that Sony and Nvidia want you to
    believe they have.

    E3 2005 Killzone CG on PlayStation4 in realtime? Sure, in 7 years or
    so.

    Radeon, Dec 3, 2005

  2. Radeon

    boodybandit Guest

    Who gives a shit about Killzone on the PS3?
    I am enjoying the hell out of Call Of Duty 2 on my shiny new XBox 360.

    boodybandit, Dec 3, 2005

  3. Radeon

    J & T Guest

    Who gives a **** about xbox 360 your just an impatient son of a whoar , who
    settles for second best because their to fuckin impatient to wait for the
    ps3 , listen , if you think that just because the xbox was better than the
    ps2 by a bit the xbox 360 wont be better than the ps3 . those of you who are
    in this newsgroup do diss playsation 3 or 2 get the **** out of here .I dont
    give a rats ass about xbox 360 . so dont just join this newsgroup to piss
    people that like playstation .Oh yeah bud , you dont know shit about the ps3
    and obviously are a supporter of xbox 360 so **** YOU , If you have seen the
    clip it looks good so I dont know what the **** you are talking about . so
    far all the videos I have seen for the ps3 were good and none were good for
    the xbox 360 because all the games out right now except call of duty 2 suck
    ass and look like xbox 1 games . Face it xbox 360 is full of bugs and
    microsoft only made xbox 360 come out earlier becaue their scared that ps3
    wil be better and they have to make their fair share of the money before
    noone buys xbox 360 shit anymore . By the way none of you say what you did
    to Blig Merk that we should move on with our lives because we have we dont
    care about XFLOP THREE-SHITTY .

    J & T, Dec 3, 2005
  4. Radeon

    John Lewis Guest

    Left school before puberty, I see...............

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Dec 3, 2005
  5. Radeon

    Xflop1.5 Guest

    Boy are you in for a surprise.

    You do know that movie was thrown together at the last minute with dev
    unit specs. Completely unoptomized code too.

    I say the game looks like that or better at runs at 60FPS.
    Just check out Virtua Fighter 5 which is running on an arcade board
    with weaker specs that the Xbox360.

    Xflop1.5, Dec 3, 2005
  6. Radeon

    Spaceman Guest

    Man you are one of the most gullible people i've ever seen...

    Spaceman, Dec 3, 2005
  7. Radeon

    boodybandit Guest

    LMAO!

    boodybandit, Dec 3, 2005
  8. Got ritalin? Both the 360 and the PS3 will kick major ass. Why not buy both
    because the only second best around here is owning only one of these consoles.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo, Dec 3, 2005
  9. I'm sure the game will look great but I don't recall any Playstation game ever
    living up to the Sony hype movies for the PS1 or the PS2. I'm sure the PS3
    will be no different.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo, Dec 3, 2005
  10. Yeah we are in for a surprise. I've yet to see a game live up to one of Sony's
    hype movies.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo, Dec 3, 2005
  11. Radeon

    J & T Guest

    smart remark why didnt I say that instead of swearing my brains out ,
    whatever im just a bit steamed that ppl talk shit about the ps3 , if ppl
    dont talk shit about thw os3 i wont talk shit about xbox 360

    J & T, Dec 3, 2005

  12. I agree. Some people are just to narrow minded to accept that both systems are
    and will be great. Some people might only have the money to purchase one and
    thats no big thing either(I just wish those people would stay in the newsgroup
    of their favorite console, especially if they are going to talk smack about
    another console). Unfortunately we always have some sorry ass jealous bastards
    that can't handle anybody owning something other than their choice of
    consoles. I always have an opinion of which system is better but that doesn't
    cloud my vision of the simple fact that each system will have great games that
    can only be played on that specific system. Between the original Xbox and the
    PS2 my favorite was the Xbox but with the specs of the PS3 I might just pick
    it as my favorite of the next generation.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo, Dec 3, 2005
  13. Radeon

    Compfix Guest

    Get em while you can. sony may not survive the worldwide class actions for
    distributing malware on their CD's.

    Compfix, Dec 3, 2005
  14. Radeon

    Dave Guest

    In the end, it all comes down to the gaming companies...

    If they don't get to grips with the hardware we could all end up games that
    look like they are from Colecovision or Atari 2600 ;-)>

    In all seriousness though, I guess it comes down to the style of gaming each
    machine becomes noticebly geared toward and what type of games you like. At
    the moment I am looking forward to PS3 because I hope that some of the
    innovative PS2 games that NEVER got sequels will finally get that deserved
    sequel (Shadow of Memories is one game that springs to mind).

    The main thing is that the games play, and aren't just pretty cgi linked
    together by a couple of button presses.

    So I say good luck to those who have purchased a 360, may you get many hours
    of enjoyment playing it.

    After all, if a console is THAT good, how on earth do you get the time to
    come and flame a Sony newsgroup!!!

    Dave, Dec 3, 2005

  15. I'm not in here posting crap about the PS3 but I do own a 360 and you simply
    can't play 24 hours a day. I've been getting in at least 4 or 5 hours a day.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo, Dec 3, 2005
  16. Radeon

    Air Raid Guest

    lol. when Killzone for PS3 comes out, we can compare it to the CGI
    render from E3, and we'll see how the real PS3 game measures up.

    Air Raid, Dec 3, 2005
  17.
    Peter Crouch The Big Red Bus, Dec 3, 2005
  18. Oh yeah, movies paced like that, and with those asset qualities
    are just thrown together at the last minute.

    Andrew Ryan Chang, Dec 3, 2005
  19. Radeon

    Mattinglyfan Guest

    Mattinglyfan, Dec 3, 2005