    2005.

    I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War. I do
    expect some nice physics & animation, though.

    AirRaid, Apr 7, 2007

  2. AirRaid

    SHaKeY STeVe Guest

    I'd be surprised also, but there's always hope...

    SHaKeY STeVe, Apr 7, 2007

  3. AirRaid

    John J Guest

    Sony has too much riding on Killzone to release it with noticeably inferior
    graphics compared to Gears Of War.

    John J, Apr 7, 2007
  4. AirRaid

    boodybandit Guest

    You say this like it is a bad thing. I'd be thrilled if it had visuals as
    good as Gears of War. I never thought for a second it would come close to
    the CGI demo showed at past E3's. It's called "hype / marketing".
    Hopefully this will be one place it outshines GoW.

    boodybandit, Apr 7, 2007
  5. AirRaid

    John J Guest

    I call it deceptive marketing, and Sony seems to be guilty of it far more
    than the competition. When was the last time Nintendo did it?

    Here's an example of just how bad it is. There was a thread about a month
    ago about how good Ratchet & Clank was shaping up on the PS3 based on
    pictures in EGM. I replied that the pictures were obviously bullshit and
    someone replied saying they did it all the time and gave this example:

    "Compare this prerelease shot of Up Your Arsenal in February 2004

    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/919902_20040225_screen002.jpg

    to an actual game shot in October 2004

    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/919902_20041005_screen001.jpg

    Notice how anti-aliasing and crispness are so much better in the
    February shot? That's why I don't get why some people consider R&C
    games to have some of the best graphics not only of the PS2 but also
    of last gen. The animation of R&C games is great but the image
    quality/texturing is quite mediocre."

    John J, Apr 7, 2007
  6. AirRaid

    boodybandit Guest

    But they "ALL" do it.
    Who cares? Nintendo has been an also ran for the past decade in console
    gaming and they are not in this new gen with their last gen spec system they
    are trying to pass off as current / next gen.

    All companies photo shop their pre release pics. Look at Colin Mcrae Dirt.
    Some places were using CGI and passing it off as actual in game footage and
    the early pics were definitely doctored. Now we are getting a game that
    only runs at 30 fps (and I doubt that will be a constant) with excellent
    visuals but no where near the level of early pics and movies.

    Hell yes Sony "seems" to do this more than any other company but still they
    are "ALL" guilty of it.

    boodybandit, Apr 7, 2007
  7. AirRaid

    boodybandit Guest

    And what most seem to forget is the developers say this is the level of
    graphics / detail and pyshics / gameplay we are "shooting" for / feel the
    system is capable of. Yes that's still bull but no where do companies /
    developers come right out and say these are the games are going to look and
    play like without question.

    boodybandit, Apr 7, 2007

  8. I love how you picked the crappiest of the bunch to represent the 'newer'
    picture. Oldest trick in the book.

    Brenden D. Chase, Apr 8, 2007
  9. AirRaid

    John J Guest

    They all look crappy compared to the first pic...

    John J, Apr 8, 2007
  10. Brenden D. Chase, Apr 8, 2007