Kinda new with this, requesting help :s

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Lt_Wolf, Feb 19, 2008.

  1. Lt_Wolf

    Lt_Wolf

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Im looking at this GIGABYTE board here, but I am not sure it will work with my proposed graphics card.

    MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127329

    the mobo:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813128083

    I'm not sure if they will work together, I dont see any SLI slots listed but he says the mobo will work.

    "2 x PCI Express x16 slots (The PCIE_16_1 slot supports x16; the PCIE_16_2 supports x4.)" He says those will work.

    First, will the mobo support the video card I listed? Second, would it be possible for me to eventually add another 8800GT coupled with my first one?

    Lt_Wolf, Feb 19, 2008