Kingston PC133 256 MiB SD RAM with Abit BH6 1.0

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Bud Graziano, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Bud Graziano

    Bud Graziano Guest

    Bud Graziano, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Bud Graziano

    melon Guest

    I've been offered two Kingstone RAM PC133/256MB modules

    I used to run BH6 (don't remember revision) with above modules (are these
    two-sided?). Zero problemos.

    melon, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Bud Graziano

    lobotomy Guest

    The datasheet for this module on Kingston's web page lists this as
    using 32x8 DRAMs (single-sided). This means, almost certainly, it will
    not work, or will only be detected at half its real capacity. Kingston
    hides this behind the patently false "PC133 memory is not compatible with
    440BX chipsets" slogan; old double-sided PC133 modules, using 16x8 DRAM,
    will work just fine.

    Here is the page for that particular module, with link to the datasheet:
    http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/PartsInfo.asp?ktcpartno=KVR133X64C3/256

    lobotomy, Jan 5, 2004