    Some input on this please.
    But I'm alreay sure of this anyway.
    Denny. :)

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Dennis E Strausser Jr

    Neil Guest

    "Dennis E Strausser Jr" <>
    wrote in message
    My Kingston value ram is excellent. It was sold
    as PC2100 (i.e. DDR266) CAS 2 ram and I'm running
    it at 164MHz (i.e. DDR328) nearly PC2700 speed
    without needing to adjust the timings (still on
    2-2-2-5) or voltage.

    I'd say I'm just very lucky and you're just very
    unlucky. Try setting some of the latency timings
    a bit slower and see if it works at 200MHz then.

    Neil

    Neil, Jun 15, 2004

  3. I could try that, the board I was trying it in is a Asus A7N8X
    With support for (DDR400)
    So far, the only thing I've found it good for is overclocking.
    But going below specs on memory, and the stuff is not all that fast then
    either.

    I did find I like running it along with other memory.
    Setup right now is.
    Kingmax*2 256 = 512 (DDR333)
    Kingston*2 128 = 256 (DDR400)
    768 total.
    Windows gives, this is by the Task Manager
    Listing total = 785,900
    Available = 493,396 - 493,462
    System cache does the same just listing one number here.
    612,052
    There's a way this can be changed, if you understand how to get there,
    and what needs to be changed, but if you over tweak it, Windows cant boot.
    I do get good bandwidth this way, so I'll take it..
    :) Denny. :) ;-) High on life @ the time, not drugs. But some
    drugs
    are not so bad.

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, Jun 15, 2004