    sure but I am anxious to get some comments on the Kingston ValueRam first.

    Regards,
    John O.

    JJO, Sep 26, 2004

  2. the answer differs depending on the particular model computer being
    discussed. in the case of the dimension 4600 i can assure you that kingston
    value ram works fine. this system has a total of four sockets for memory
    modules. this system supports dual channel ram which means that for the
    best performance you should install memory in like pairs. ie, if you wanted
    to add 512mb of ram to the system then you should install two 256mb modules
    (of course this assumes that you have two open slots otherwise you may have
    to pull modules and loss some of your existing memory before being able to
    add the new memory to your system). alternatively, you can add a single
    512mb module but the system will see that you have an unbalanced pair and
    therefore slow all memory in the system to single channel access. this is
    only an example, your system can support a variety of different sized memory
    modules for a total of 4gb of with the installation of four 1gb modules.

    specifically, i have used the kingston kvr400x64c3ak2/512 kit which contains
    two 256mb pc3200 modules for a system that had a p4 2.8ghz with 400mhz fsb.
    there is no reason why any pc3200 modules should fail to work in this
    system.
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10347969&loc=101&hdwt=0&sp=1 also
    check out crucial.com

    Christopher Muto, Sep 26, 2004

  3. JJO

    JJO Guest

    Thanks for the reply. In Canada the RAM prices are more than the US but I am
    considering it based on the sale price at Future Shop. I can save more than
    50% on another 512MB of ValueRAM and with some of the newer games it never
    hurts to have more RAM installed.

    Regards,
    John O.

    JJO, Sep 26, 2004