Kinsington support? from India?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by saltwaterfishing, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. Have you ever asked what you thought was a simple message of a tech
    support person and got into this kind of loop?
    --------
    Me:
    I've been using my three 'Expert Mouse(s)' for several years. My wife
    wanted a full sized wired optical mouse to carry in her laptop case.

    I noticed that when I received my new Kensington wired USB mouse that
    it had a small green adapter on the end of the USB cable. I'm guessing
    this adapter will allow the USB mouse to be used with a P/S2 port.

    Would the opposite work - if I had an older P/S2 mouse, could I plug it
    into the adapter and use an A/B (male/female) USB cable and connect the
    old mouse to a USB port? Granted I would have a extra long cable when I
    added the mouse cable to the USB extension cable - just want to know if
    this is a two-way adapter converter.

    Thanks
    Robert"
    -------
    They say:
    "Dear R:

    Thank you for contacting Kensington Technical Support.

    So we may better assist you, please reply with the exact product name,
    model number, and serial number.

    Regards,

    Srikanth Durgavajjala
    Kensington Technical Support"
    --------
    I say:
    "The 'adapter' that Kensington included is:
    1) green in color
    2) about 2 inches long
    3) about 3/4 inch wide
    4) has a USB female slot on one end and a P/S2 plug on the opposite end
    5) has KINSINGTON imprinted on one side

    No other identification in on the adapter. You stick these on mice
    cords for *ALL* the mice you sell (doubt that you sell them!)

    Can not provide any more help! Please re-read my original question.

    Robert"
    --------
    They say:
    "Dear R:

    Thank you for contacting Kensington Technical Support.

    You can find the model number and the serial number underneath the
    product.

    Regards,

    Srikanth Durgavajjala
    Kensington Technical Support"

    saltwaterfishing, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Now an answer from Kinsington:

    "Dear R:

    Thank you for contacting Kensington Technical Support.

    I appreciate your interest in Kensington products, however I am sorry
    to inform you that the option you are looking for is not possible as
    our Kensington adaptor is not a two way adaptor and it is not possible
    to connect it in the opposite direction.

    Regards,

    Srikanth Durgavajjala
    Kensington Technical Support"

    Robert