    And has anybody an explaination or solution to this poor performance?

    regards
    CoSmO

    M P, Nov 2, 2003

  2. M P

    jpsga Guest

    The read speed of 58mB/sec looks about right. Now you have to find a piece
    test software that will look at the entire drive. The read speed should hold
    up to near your 58mB/s across the entire drive. DiskSpeed32 looks cylinder
    by cylinder while Hard Drive Tach does a much coarser survey.
    There may not be one acceptable RAID tester out there. Most use at leat two.
    I don't know what your expectations are, but there is no piece of software
    that will make the drive/system faster than it is. RAID helps maximize
    performance by offering near top speed over whole drive. That is the true
    test.
    If you want to see some RAID plots ( pictures ) let me know.

    JPS

    jpsga, Nov 3, 2003