    or is it just a BIOS funny ?

    Anybody out there experience this ?

    Denis

    Denis Mahony, Oct 27, 2003

  2. More than likely, it is the tachometer lead of the fan that's faulty. It's
    misreporting the fan speed or reporting a speed of zero.

    Colon Terminus, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Denis Mahony

    Billy Guest

    I agree with Colon,

    If your CPU cooling fan is indeed spinning, then the tach lead may
    be faulty. Remove and replace the fan lead connector from the MB
    connector several times to clean the MB fan posts. This MAY cure
    your problem. I have had this function enabled since day one and
    never had a problem. Sheesh, mine will probably fail any second,
    now that I said that. LOL

    Cheers,

    Billy

    Billy, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Denis Mahony

    Denis Mahony Guest

    Thanks guys,

    Fan lead *looks* Ok , but I will get a replacement and try it .

    The remove and replace effort did not solve the problem :(

    Denis

    Denis Mahony, Nov 1, 2003