KR7A-133 questions re: cpu's and ram

Discussion in 'Abit' started by EA, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. EA

    EA Guest

    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/techspec.php?categories=1&model=85

    states it supports PC2700 (DDR333) in some places
    and says only pc1600/2100 in other places.
    SO which is correct?Via claims that the KT266A supports
    200/266 MHz FSB: http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/KT266A.jsp

    Is ABIT just telling me that I can put PC2700 RAM in there and run it
    underclocked?

    Is this spec just telling me I can use pc2700 for overclocking the FSB?

    Also, the 2100+ palomino is the highest palomino there is
    and it is what I have now. What is the fastest Thoroughbred
    this board supports? AMD site says 2000+ but I dont see
    what is different about the higher thoroughbreds that would
    cause them to not be compatible with this board however...

    I was looking at this chart:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Athlon_XP_microprocessors

    I have heard of people getting 2400+ and 2600+ thoroughbreds working
    with Kr7a boards even though the bios doesnt overtly support it but
    I wanted to see if anyone here knows something.
    Thanks.

    EA, Aug 29, 2004

  2. EA

    Wes Newell Guest

    You can put PC4000 ram in it and run it at 133MHz if you want to.
    The chipset officially supports a 133MHz ram bus, PC2100 ram is rated for
    a 133MHz bus. But, if you overclock the ram bus, you have to be concerned
    if the PC2100 ram will overclcok as well. So get PC2700 or faster if the
    price difference isn't much. Might want to use it in a board that supports
    200Mhz ram bus later.
    Go to the AMD website and see aht they say is the fastest CPu a KT7 board
    will run. Then look at my sig line. If that doesn't help then go to the
    link in the sigline. You could use a barton core in it too.
    Nobody here knows nothing.:)

    Wes Newell, Aug 30, 2004