    disconnected the reset switch from the Motherboard connector with no
    change, so it's not a bad switch. Any other ideas as to what would
    cause a constant reset?

    rebus, Jul 13, 2003

  2. rebus

    chrisrobin Guest

    try a pci video card,to rule out the agp slot.

    chrisrobin, Jul 14, 2003

  3. rebus

    rebus Guest

    No change with an empty AGP slot. The CPU reset line is still
    continuously active when powered up.

    rebus, Jul 14, 2003
  4. HI,
    If the Reset led is on you have a problem with the reset line,I would check
    the MB,like underneath to see if you slipped a scew or something is shorting
    the reset line,baring that,it sounds like a bad gate(the switch that
    activates the LED and RS line!) you would need to return the board for a
    replacement! if it is within 3 years of when it was made or 1 year depending
    on which is longer(grin) you will get a new one! run it through the Rma
    online! the $25 charge is for out of warranty boards!

    Cheers Dennis

    Dennis McMillan, Jul 22, 2003