    with any other comments and suggestions.

    Cheers

    Dave

    David Baker, Jan 27, 2004

  2. David Baker

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yes it will work. If it has a locked multiplier it will not be a problem.
    If it's unlocked it will still work but the mulitplier will be wrong since
    the board doesn't support the 5th multiplier bit used by the 2400+. See
    link below for more info.

    Wes Newell, Jan 27, 2004

  3. David Baker

    David Baker Guest

    Thanks Wes - useful information. I'll try to get hold of a chip with a
    locked multiplier. I guess I could try to speak to the retailer and ask if
    they can tell me if it's locked or not. There is, however, a lot of
    conflicting information on the web about which dates/models are locked and
    which aren't!
    In the event that I can only gey an unlocked one, how easy is it to cut the
    L1 bridges? Do you know of any guides on the web for doing this?

    Cheers

    Dave

    David Baker, Jan 28, 2004
  4. David Baker