KT3 Ultra ARU IDE Headache (Help!)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Andrew, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Hey Guys,

    I have got a weird problem, and I hope somebody has a suggestion or
    two. About 20% of the time, when my KT3 Ultra boots, Windows XP Pro
    refuses to recognize my CD-ROM and/or CD-RW. I have switched these
    out with different CD-RWs, DVD-ROMs, and CD-ROMs, and changed the IDE
    cable twice (a new Antec Cobra now connects these devices).
    Additionally, I switched Master/Slave jumpers, and updated ALL drivers
    and the BIOS, but the problem persists.

    Sometimes, Windows will see the CD drive, but refuse to read any disk
    placed in that drive.

    Honestly, I don't know for sure if the BIOS sees these ATAPI devices
    (the bios screen flashes too briefly), but I think it always does.

    This computer worked fine for over a year before it started 'losing'
    my CD drives.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in Advance,

    Andrew

    Antec SOHO Case
    Antec 350W PS
    KT3 Ultra ARU
    AMD 2100 XP 266
    Micron 512MB 333MHz
    Maxtor 80G ATA 133 - IDE 1
    MSI CD-RW 52x24x52 - IDE 2
    Kenwood TrueX 72X CD-ROM IDE 2
    Soundblaster Audigy
    MSI GeForce 4400
    Linksys 10/100 NIC
    Windows XP Pro

    Andrew, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Andrew

    W????n Guest

    My MS 6380 did the same thing.(KT3 Ultra) with XP Home sp1 installed
    Mine would not recognize it at all.
    I am now trying to get MSI to e-mail me an
    RMA.........................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    IDE channel 2 is bad, I believe....

    W????n, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Andrew

    tonys Guest