    of USB2 (1) drivers in registry (inf?) to allow XP to reinstall the correct
    drivers? All connections are correct on the board.

    steve

    stephen hayes, Sep 27, 2003

  2. stephen hayes

    Joe727 Guest

    Joe727, Sep 27, 2003

  3. stephen hayes

    Steve Guest

    The Ultra2 has VIA USB 2.0 in the chipset. The KT3 Ultra-ARU does not
    and that download isn't the right one. It uses an NEC controller for
    USB 2.0.

    The way to get them re-installed in Win XP is to remove all USB ports
    in device manager, restart Windows and let Windows re-install them.

    The chances are they are actually OK. If there is an Enhanced Host
    Controller in device manager and a USB Root Hub with 4 available ports
    (note that the NEC hub doesn't specifically say it's a "USB 2.0 Root
    Hub") and no warning marks anywhere then the drivers are not the
    problem. More likely you are plugging into a USB 1.1 port (only the
    USB 2.0 bracket will do - the back panel & D-LED are all USB 1.1) or
    maybe the bracket isn't plugged into JUSB 1 & JUSB 3 or maybe you've
    connected JUSB1 & JUSB3 to a front USB port on your case - very often
    those front ports have only USB 1.1 connectors & cables.

    Steve, Sep 29, 2003