KT3 Ultra2 memory problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by toto, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. toto

    toto Guest

    I have recently changed my proc. XP 2000+ to an XP 3000+ (FSB 333 Mhz)
    on my KT3 Ultra2 equiped with 2 x 256 MB PC2700 memory. I Have upgraded
    my Bios to the last version to support XP 3000+ with 333Mhz FSB.

    In this configuration the system is stable, but if I add another 256 MB
    PC2700 I have a blue screen with the following error : PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    "STOP 0x0000004E". This error message appear after windows has booted
    and I have opened a session.

    If I change FSB to 266 Mhz, It works fine with my 3 PC2700.

    My configuration is reduced to the mimimum :

    PSU : Seasonic SS-300 FS ( 28A @ 3.3V, 30A @ 5V, 15A @ 12V)
    Graphic card ( MSI Gforce 4)
    One disk (IBM)
    OS : XP Pro SP2

    Any idea ??

    Patrice

    toto, Jan 8, 2005

  2. I have today had a similar experience with my MS-6368. It runs well with
    256+128 or with a new 512 but blue screens in various ways if I add anything
    to the 512. I presume they are incompatible sets but I bought them all from
    Crucial and they appear to be similar in type (CL3 unbuffered etc). Any
    ideas?

    Geoff Pearson, Jan 8, 2005