    have turned on the AGP Fast Write in BIOS, but my Video Card Gigabyte Radeon
    9200 recognize as off, cant seem to turn it on in Windows XP Pro. Thanks for
    any information.

    bagit90210, Feb 20, 2004

  2. (looking at the ultra-obvious first)
    Did you 'exit and save' from the BIOS setup screen when you turned on
    Fast Write?
    --
    -denny-

    Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
    an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
    --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans

    Denny Wheeler, Feb 20, 2004

  3. bagit90210

    bagit90210 Guest

    Yes I did.... still no Fast Write on Windows XP.... but Bios Fast Write is
    turned on.

    bagit90210, Feb 21, 2004
  4. For an ATI card, you probably better turn it off anyway. My guess is
    that the 9200 does not support it. Also the performance improvement in
    general is suppose to be extremely minimal at best.

    Jean Jasinczuk, Feb 22, 2004
  5. On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:17:16 -0800, "bagit90210"

    (me)
    Hm. Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about XP (will be using XP
    pro soonish, but as of now...)

    Have you tried searching the MS Knowledge Base?

    Denny Wheeler, Feb 22, 2004