    is appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Martin Murray

    Martin Murray, Jul 5, 2003

  2. The salesman was mostly wrong. He was right in that it'll work--but
    it'll work, as you see, at 2100+ speed. The XP2700+ is a 333MHz FSB
    cpu; your (and my) KT333 DU supports only 200/266 MHz FSB.
    (settings of 100/133 in the BIOS)

    The chip is, I believe, unlocked, so you could probably raise the
    multiplier--but you'd be better off with an XP2400+ running at its
    rated speed. I'd take the cpu back, raise a little hell if necessary,
    and get a 266 MHz FSB chip. There are XP2600+ cpus with 266MHz FSB,
    but not many were made; I don't know if there are any left in the
    retail channel.

    Denny Wheeler, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Thank you both for the advice. I did find a 2600+ and will return this
    2700+ and get the slower one instead.

    Martin Murray, Jul 9, 2003